Easy Ziti Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 630 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Mar 11, 2018
I made this and it is very good. I did add extra sauce like some of the other ladies did and added Italian seasonings and fresh sliced button mushrooms.Would make it again.
Mar 8, 2018
Recipe was definitely lacking with spaghetti sauce. If I made it again I would add more sauce and probably some italian seasoning. Kind of bland.
Mar 7, 2018
This was an easy recipe but not quick. Also, I used ingredients in the amount given. I had to use a square Pyrex casserole dish (app. 10x10”) with the 9”x 13” Pyrex casserole dish. The square pan was also deeper. Both pans were full to the top with the cheese. I tented the foil so cheese wouldn’t stick, removed it & added remaining cheese. It tastes very good. It got a husband’s & teenager’s thumbs up.I made a dish fairly often to this year’s ago. It’s very similar to this with 1 lb of meat, egg noodles, small curd cottage cheese egg and kept Muenster cheese separate. I mixed the cottage cheese mixture with the meat/sauce then stirred the noodles in & added cheese on top. I baked for 30 min. The flavor of this recipe & my old standby “Egg Noodle Lasagna” are very similar. My kids liked Muenster on homemade pizza so I used it w/ Italian dishes. I misplaced that recipe when we moved & most of my recipes were on the computer by then. So we haven’t had it in a few years. Nice to find a similar recipe that sounds a bit fancier than mine. “Baked Ziti” gets a 5 star rating from my hungry family. ??.•*?*•??.•*?*•??.•*?*•??.•*?*•?
Jan 8, 2018
Family loved it, but should have added some Italian seasoning as it was a little bland.
Dec 16, 2017
Delicious and easy to make. Next time I will add more meat sauce to make it more moist
Dec 12, 2017
Good base recipe. I used one pound of ground beef and added green pepper and onion with it. Also quite a bit of Italian seasoning and a little more spaghetti sauce. I actually found that it would could use some more noodles so next time will probably use a whole pound.
Jan 5, 2017
I read some of the reviews before making it and added more sauce and some Italian seasoning to the to the cheese mixture. I also used ground chuck and ground pork. It was delicious. My family ordered that I make it again! It didn't layer like it said t would. I think it would be easier to mix everything together and pit it in the pan.
Dec 28, 2016
I cut the noodles and beef amount in half and as I didn't have ziti or ricotta, I used macaroni and cottage cheese, but used the full amount of everything else. It is very good. It does make a lot, so will do leftovers tonite. Will definitely make again with the ziti and ricotta.
Oct 7, 2016
Didn't change a thing. But, the pan was very heavy when I removed it from the hot oven, so next time I will use 2 8"x8" pans instead of 1 9"x13" pan. It would be perfect to eat one/freeze one for later. Makes a ton and none of it went to waste--so good!
Sep 5, 2016
This was exactly what I was looking for....something easy and flavorful. After reading the reviews I used 1 pound ground beef and 1 pound ground pork. I think that helped season it better. And I also added another half jar of pizza sauce that was left over. Just saucy enough! Would definitely make again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.