Trout Baked in Cream
Here's a quick and delicious way to serve trout. It's definitely one of our family's favorites.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 trout fillets (about 3-1/2 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- Place trout in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Pour cream over all. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 11-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 171 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Trout Baked In Cream in Country February/March 2001
Aug 10, 2015
Quick, easy and tasted great.
Aug 22, 2010
I used less than the amount of required lemon juice and the whipping cream still curdled. The bread crumbs on the top did not brown after 20+ minutes. I would not make this again.