Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 catfish fillets (6 each)
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, celery salt, onion powder, paprika and pepper. In another bowl, beat the egg white and milk. Dip fillets into egg white mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 319 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2018
this was very good.but if you are watching your salt intake, i would use half or less of celery salt
Jan 29, 2014
Fish was very crisp. I think next time I would increase the spice level in the crumb mixture.
Sep 3, 2013
Definitely a keeper. The coating stays nice and crispy and has great flavor!!
Oct 2, 2012
THis recipe was so delicious... of course im from the southern state of Louisiana and we love catfish! I did put in a teaspoon of old bay seasoning though.... DELISH!!!!!!!