Air-Fryer Pretzel-Crusted Catfish
I love the flavor of this air-fryer catfish recipe. I'm not a big fish lover, so any concoction that has me loving fish is a keeper in my books. It's wonderful served with a nice buttery herb rice pilaf, and corn muffins with butter and honey! —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups honey mustard miniature pretzels, coarsely crushed
- Cooking spray
- Lemon slices, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 325°. Sprinkle catfish with salt and pepper. Whisk eggs, mustard and milk in a shallow bowl. Place flour and pretzels in separate shallow bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with pretzels.
- In batches, place fillets in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10-12 minutes. If desired, serve with lemon slices.
Test Kitchen tip