Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound walleye fillets, skin removed
- Lemon wedges
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place milk in a separate shallow bowl. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°.
- In batches, dip fish in milk, then coat with baking mix mixture; fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without lemon): 316 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1096mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 6, 2019
this was good. i have a hard time frying the fish though, half way through the oil blackens . what am i doing wrong?
Dec 13, 2018
I make this gluten free and it is the best fried fish we have ever made, period.
Jan 30, 2013
I have made this twice now. It turned out great both times.
Jul 4, 2012
This is an amazing fried fish recipe. I used a deep fryer and the cooking time was half the time as listed in the recipe.
Jun 26, 2012
Thought I would try this with some frozen Tilapia fillets I had in the freezer. It was outstanding!
May 31, 2012
It was delicious.