Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 pound walleye fillets, skin removed
- Lemon wedges
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients. Place milk in a separate shallow bowl. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°.
- In batches, dip fish in milk, then coat with baking mix mixture; fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 316 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1096mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 6, 2019
this was good. i have a hard time frying the fish though, half way through the oil blackens . what am i doing wrong?
Dec 13, 2018
I make this gluten free and it is the best fried fish we have ever made, period.
Jan 30, 2013
I have made this twice now. It turned out great both times.
Jul 4, 2012
This is an amazing fried fish recipe. I used a deep fryer and the cooking time was half the time as listed in the recipe.
Jun 26, 2012
Thought I would try this with some frozen Tilapia fillets I had in the freezer. It was outstanding!
May 31, 2012
It was delicious.