Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
My kids love this air fryer snack—and I like that it's healthy. Coated with Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt, these eggplant fries are delicious and guilt-free. —Mary Murphy, Atwater, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup meatless pasta sauce, warmed
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In another shallow bowl, mix cheese, wheat germ and seasonings.
- Trim ends of eggplant; cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Cut slices lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Dip eggplant in eggs, then coat with cheese mixture.
- Spritz eggplant and air fryer basket with cooking spray. Working in batches if needed, place eggplant in a single layer in air fryer basket and cook until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Turn eggplant; spritz with additional cooking spray. Continue cooking until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Serve immediately with pasta dipping sauce.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 135 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Eggplant Snack Sticks in What Can I Cook In My ...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.