Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
My kids love these air fryer fries—and I like that they're healthy. Coated with Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt, these eggplant fries are delicious and guilt-free. —Mary Murphy, Atwater, California
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup meatless pasta sauce, warmed
- 1. Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In another shallow bowl, mix cheese, wheat germ and seasonings.
- 2. Trim ends of eggplant; cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Cut slices lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Dip eggplant in eggs, then coat with cheese mixture.
- 3. Spritz eggplant and air fryer basket with cooking spray. Working in batches if needed, place eggplant in a single layer in air fryer basket and cook until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Turn eggplant; spritz with additional cooking spray. Continue cooking until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Serve immediately with pasta dipping sauce.
1 serving: 135 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Mar 7, 2019Perfectly fried and crispy eggplant. I sprinkled more parmesan cheese on top and dipped them in pasta sauce. Love it!!
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC