Air-Fryer Apple Fritters
These easy air-fryer apple fritters with brown butter glaze are healthier than old-fashioned fritters, yet they are still as delicious. Plus they're made in under 30 minutes for a quick and easy air-fryer dessert! — Alyssa Castriotta, North Scituate, Rhode Island
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 min./batch
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium Honey Crisp apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Line air-fryer basket with parchment paper (cut to fit); spritz with cooking spray. Preheat air-fryer to 410°.In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add milk, eggs, lemon juice and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; stir just until moistened. Fold in apples.In batches, drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2-in. apart onto air-fryer basket. Spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Turn fritters; continue to air-fry until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Carefully cook until butter starts to brown and foam, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add confectioners' sugar, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to browned butter; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over fritters before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 145 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 30, 2020
These turned out great. I did pat down the mounds of batter after I dropped it onto the parchment paper because they do puff up. The ratio of chopped apple to batter was perfect.