Air-Fryer Lime Macaroons
I took these lime and coconut air-fryer macaroons to our annual cookie exchange, where we name a queen. I won the crown! —Milissa Kirkpatrick, Angel Fire, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons gin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat air fryer to 350°. Whisk the first six ingredients until blended. In another bowl, toss coconut with flour; stir in egg white mixture.
- In batches, place by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook until browned, 4-5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Dip bottoms of macaroons into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen tip