Air-Fryer Lemon Slice Sugar Cookies
Here's a refreshing variation of my grandmother's sugar cookie recipe. Lemon pudding mix and icing add a subtle tartness that tingles your taste buds. —Melissa Turkington, Camano Island, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min./ batch + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter, pudding mix and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and milk. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, shape each into a 6-in.-long roll. Wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat air fryer to 325°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place slices in a single layer in foil-lined fryer basket. Cook until edges are light brown, 8-12 minutes. Cool in basket 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
- To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance. Wrap and place in a resealable container. Store in the refrigerator.
- Freeze option: Place wrapped logs in a resealable container and freeze. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. Cook as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 110 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Slice Sugar Cookies in What Can I Cook In My ...