Air-Fryer Fiesta Chicken Fingers
Chicken fingers have long been a favorite of mine. Actually, almost any finger-shaped deep-fried goodie seldom escapes my reach. These air-fryer chicken fingers have taken a lot of the guilt out of my guilty pleasure. —Dianne DeGarmo-Carr, Alexander, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups corn chips, crushed
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Sour cream ranch dip or salsa
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut into 1-in. wide strips.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk buttermilk and pepper. Place flour in a separate shallow bowl. Mix corn chips and taco seasoning in a third bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in buttermilk mixture, then in corn chip mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In batches, arrange chicken in a single layer in greased air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until coating is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 7-8 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining chicken. Serve with ranch dip or salsa.