Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet on a grill rack over medium-hot heat. Melt butter in the skillet; add catfish. Grill, covered, for 5-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 222 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 15, 2014
I followed the recipe exactly, using the lesser amounts of the peppers. It turned out great, but I may use 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper next time to turn up the heat a little. Also, I pan fried the fish using the full amount of butter instead of grilling. Yummy!
Jul 13, 2010
Use the full amount of butter or your fish will stick to the pan! This has a great flavor.