I'm not a big fish lover, so any concoction that has me loving fish is a "keeper" in my books. This combination of flavors just works for me. It's wonderful served with a nice buttery herb rice pilaf and corn muffins with butter and honey! —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups honey mustard miniature pretzels, coarsely crushed
- Oil for frying
- Lemon slices, optional
- Sprinkle catfish with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs, mustard and milk in a shallow bowl. Place flour and pretzels in separate shallow bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with pretzels.
- Heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375° in an electric skillet. Fry fillets, a few at a time, until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon slices if desired.
reader says spicy brwon or honey mustard aslo works well in place of Dijon
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 610 calories, 31g fat (4g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 1579mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Dijon Catfish with Crunchy Honey Mustard Pretzel Crust in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.