Skillet Fish with Spinach
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle fillets with seafood seasoning. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil and butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet; cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and broth; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until spinach is heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 219 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Oct 21, 2014
This was very good. I will admit, I made a few changes due to lack of ingredients. I did not have any seafood seasoning so 1st, I floured the fish before cooking. 2nd, I used Kale in place of spinach (fresh), its what I had. And 3rd made up a combination of herbs (parley, basil, tarragon, just a bit of each, i did not measure) and tossed them in some melted unsalted butter.To serve, I topped the kale with the fish (as shown in the picture), then I spread an equal amount of herbs over each fish fillet.This was very good with a side salad and steamed carrots (for the color). Will make again.
Mar 10, 2010
Added shallots and roasted red pepper slices to the spinach. Used a 1/4 c white wine in place of the chicken stock. The dish is wonderful! It was like going into a restaurant. It was pretty on the pate with honey glazed carrots.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.