Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 dill pickle spear plus 1 teaspoon juice
- 3 sweet pickles plus 1 teaspoon juice
- 6 pitted ripe olives plus 1 teaspoon juice
- 6 pimiento-stuffed olives plus 1 teaspoon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Finely chop the pickles and olives; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, Miracle Whip, juices and salt until blended. Stir in the pickles, olives and pecans.
- Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag; pipe or stuff into celery sticks. Store in the refrigerator.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 61 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 19, 2018
These were a big hit at my office Thanksgiving potluck. I did make it a little easier on myself by using sweet and dill relish instead of chopping the pickles myself. I love this combination of flavors, and so did my coworkers. I had several requests for the recipe.
Nov 26, 2018
Is this a Texas recipe? I remember my Mom and Grandma making this. I live not far from Santa Fe
Nov 15, 2018
This was really really good. A little bit sweet, and sour and rich all stirred together to create this tasty spread. No celery, no problem Crackers and toasted bread would also love this snappy spread. I cut back on the sodium by eliminating the brine from both the pickle and olives. TOH V FE. Winner by a mile.
Nov 12, 2018
I am not an olive fan, but my MIL introduced these to me and I love it. She makes them every Thanksgiving and Christmas! I get to take home the leftovers, I put the leftover cream cheese on bagels!
Feb 4, 2018
We enjoyed this with celery and crackers. I had to guess amounts, though. Actual measurements would have been nice. Olives and pickles can be very different sizes.
Jan 26, 2018
I'm not a fan of sweet pickles. Do you think leave them out or would I not notice?
Mar 9, 2013
I have prepared this twice in the last month. I love the combination of flavors and considered it a healthy snack. It may be a little messy to stuff celery.