Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise; remove pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Cube removed pulp; set shells aside. Cut corn off the cob.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute eggplant pulp, corn, onion, tomato and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Stir in seasonings. Spoon mixture into reserved shells. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; pour water into dish.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 259 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 728mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 10, 2013
Excellent recipe. Very filling and very healthy.
Oct 17, 2009
It was great, quick meal after work. Added some cooked chicken. If my husband eats it, it must be good.
Aug 27, 2009
This is delicious!! I added some cubed cooked chicken and we had a complete meal. I will definitley make this again. Thanks!!