Eggplant Au Gratin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 small eggplant (about 1/2 pound) , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Turn and bake 7-8 minutes longer or until lightly browned and tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place one eggplant slice in each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 287 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 22, 2013
guess we don't really like eggplant.
Oct 18, 2012
So easy and so good. I added a bit of leftover ground beef to the pasta sauce, and used Parmesan for the entire thing. Will definitely make often.