Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2-3/4 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, carrot and onions. Combine mayonnaise and ranch dressing; stir into chicken mixture. Spoon into tomatoes. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 548 calories, 42g fat (7g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2013
I had in my mind when I decided to fix this that it would be better warm with toast points on the side which is how I served it and everyone loved it. Everything I had was basically cooked except the tomato so I added a little rosemary and omitted the walnuts (only because of my family's tastes) and I put the stuffed tomatoes in the oven for about 20 minutes on 300.
Oct 28, 2012
I did not really care for this at all. Maybe it would have been better as a sandwich on toast; but I will not be making again.
Nov 15, 2010
I ended up just putting this on toasted bread. Basically a chicken salad sandwich. The ranch really made this good. We will be using this recipe for sandwiches again!