Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 slices tomato, 1/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl; pour 1/4 cup dressing over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a shallow baking dish; discard marinade. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Top each chicken breast with tomato slices, crumbs, basil and cheese. Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reaches 170°,
Nutrition Facts1 each: 173 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Feb 16, 2018
Really good, easy and healthy recipe. I make this a lot in summer with tomatoes and basil from the garden
Apr 3, 2014
The only other thing I'd add is to make sure the chicken breasts are close to the same size. It was very tasty!
Aug 19, 2013
It was juicy and delicious!
Mar 16, 2012
looks fancy but super easy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.