Chicken with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
My skillet chicken with the colors and flavors of Italy is so easy. The fire-roasted tomatoes sound complicated, but all you have to do is open a can! —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons salt-free garlic herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Mix seasoning ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of chicken breasts. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine green beans and water; microwave, covered, on high for 3-4 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Stir butter and beans into tomato mixture. Serve with chicken and, if desired, pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1 cup bean mixture: 294 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Fire-Roasted mChicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.