Stuffed Chicken with Marinated Tomatoes
I invented this roast chicken to prove goat cheese really is delish. I served it to my skeptical family without telling them, and they gobbled it up. But any soft cheese will do. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, DE
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast; place in a bowl. Toss with 1/4 cup dressing; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Crumble goat cheese; reserve 1/2 cup cheese for serving. Divide remaining cheese among chicken pockets; secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 20-25 minutes. Toss tomatoes with remaining dressing; let stand while chicken is cooking.
- Add basil to tomato mixture; serve over chicken. Top with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 334 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Bistro Chicken with Chevre and Marinated Tomatoes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017