Marinated Baked Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Kale leaves and spiced apple rings, optional
- In a measuring cup, combine salad dressing and soy sauce. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning several times. Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain chicken discarding marinade. Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with onion salt and garlic salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Garnish platter with kale and apple rings if desired.
Jul 28, 2018
I've been making this dish for years! The version I have doesn't call for onion salt or garlic salt. I just use equal parts soy sauce and Italian dressing. Easy to double or triple the recipe.
Oct 24, 2014
I've been making this dish since it came out in the magazine. This is a 2-3 times a month standby - simple and tasty, especially when served with Mushroom Oven Rice.
Nov 25, 2013
Good and quick!
Mar 15, 2013
I made this for dinner using boneless/skinless chicken breasts and it was a great success with the family! The meat turned out juicy and delicious! Will be making it again.
Feb 15, 2013
I made this for Valentine's Day for my hubby. It was very good. Only used 3 large bone-in breasts. Used onion powder and garlic salt, low sodium soy sauce and zesty italian salad dressing. We steamed a bag of california blend veggie and added them to pan about 10 minutes before we were ready to eat. We will be making this again.
Feb 18, 2012
I also tried using boneless breasts and grilling, everyone loved them
May 30, 2011
a wonderful recipe, used breast halves and whole legs, legs took a little longer. they both turned out extremely juicy and delicious, also made a pan gravy after I took out the chicken, and served on the side. loved it!
Sep 19, 2010
My husband does not usually like white meat requests this recipe often. It comes out so juicy and packed with flavor.
Feb 9, 2010
Finally! A baked chicken recipe that I am completely happy with! I omitted the garlic salt, and used boneless skinless chicken breasts, baked at 375 for 30-35 minutes. Will definitely make again!
Dec 26, 2007
This got a "WOW!" out of my teenage brother--it's truly wonderful, unbelievably tender and moist.