Creamy Olive-Stuffed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, olives, oregano and pepper. Spoon 2 tablespoons down center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken over filling; secure with toothpicks, then roll in bread crumbs.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, brown chicken in oil. Bake 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 286 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 17, 2017
I'm going to be the nay-sayer. We just didn't like this much. We love cream cheese, we love chicken, we love black olives... but the combo just didn't taste right to us. We enjoyed the chicken and olives together. The hot cream cheese just tasted off. It needed something else. Also the only seasoning for the chicken was the Italian bread crumbs, but that didn't give much flavor. I loved the idea of this meal, it just fell short for us. I would love to hear of other ways to change the cream cheese inside. Maybe use onion & chive cream cheese... ok that actually sounds really good. I'll try that next time. I gave it 3-stars because it was a decent recipe, easy to follow, it was just not our taste. Nothing wrong with the recipe itself.
Aug 27, 2013
Oh soooo yummy!!!!!!!
Jan 25, 2013
could u use this in pork chops?
Jan 12, 2013
I only had green olives and they worked fine. I also added a little Franks Hot Sauce to the cheese.
Jan 8, 2013
everyone enjoyed this. I'd never stuffed anything before but this was easy. We used regular cream cheese instead of fat free since it was the carbs we didn't want. We used Panko instead of breadcrumbs just cause - well it tastes better!
Sep 8, 2010
Yummmmmy! I dont like olives though. I made mine with green chilis and cumin and my husbands with olives.
Nov 22, 2009
This is recipe was so very delicious. Classy enough to serve to company but so easy to make. Also, the olives don't have too strong of a flavor for those who don't care for them very much.
Sep 30, 2009
Oh so very good!!!!
Sep 29, 2009
This sounds delish! I think I will try it with Allouete garlic and herb along with the olives. Yumm.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.