Tomato Stuffed Zucchini
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Dash each salt, garlic powder, dried oregano and pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Place zucchini in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 2-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, salt, garlic powder, oregano and pepper. Spoon into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 79 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 21, 2012
This is a wonderful recipe! I have even used canned tomatos, drained and it comes out just as well. The only other thing i do differently is that i don't bother cooking the zuchinni before i fill them.
Jul 25, 2011
I made the recipe exactly as specified and it was delicious. The topping complimented the zucchini very well! Definitely a keeper!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.