Feta Cheese-Stuffed Tomatoes
These tempting cheese-stuffed tomatoes are bursting with fresh flavor. Use the small end of a melon scoop to easily remove the pulp. —Laura LeRoy, Waxhaw, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 24 firm cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, feta cheese, sour cream, onion, lemon juice and oregano until blended. Place mixture in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe mixture into tomatoes. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper. Chill until serving.
Test Kitchen tips