Vegetable Stuffing Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 casseroles (6-8 servings each)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and halved
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the soup and cheese sauce until blended; heat through. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables and 1 cup stuffing mix. Add soup mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to two greased shallow 2-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mix. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and edges are bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 120 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 21, 2013
I have made this recipe several times for family holidays. It is delicious! I have made 2 small changes: I substituted a 16 oz. package of sliced carrots for the brussels sprouts (since I'm the only one who likes them) and I partially pre-cook the vegs since they don't cook enough to suit us in the 30-35 minutes in the oven. I will make this many more times, I'm sure.
Nov 17, 2010
Good; will make occasionally.
May 20, 2009
My husband rated this recipe as a "keeper."
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.