Mixed Vegetable Bake
Carolyn Woodall of Roxboro, North Carolina combines convenient frozen veggies with crunchy water chestnuts and chopped celery in this cheesy side dish topped with cracker crumbs.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed vegetables, water chestnuts, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Toss cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 314 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Mixed Vegetable Bake in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.