Savory Zucchini Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups day-old cubed bread
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and poultry seasoning. In a small bowl, whisk the pumpkin, eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bread cubes, zucchini, cheese and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 182 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 4, 2018
I'm sorry, but this recipe was not good. Very dry, and tasted of flour and pumpkin. No one would eat more than one bite. I like the idea of it, but it would be better if it had a different liquid binder and skip the flour.
Sep 13, 2016
Love this recipe, I added a little chicken stock because it was a little dry when I made it and omitted the celery because I'm not a fan of celery. I make this every fall for family when they come to visit!
Jan 17, 2012
Did not like the dry taste of it - 1 cup of flour and 4 cups of bread was too too dry and not a very good taste withi the pumpkin - Wisconsin - would not recommend.
Nov 9, 2011
Loved it. Made half the recipe in an 8x8. Required 5 or 10 more minutes uncovered baking time.
Nov 2, 2011
this dish was delicious! Sort of like a stuffed zucchini boat, except all mixed together in a convenient casserole. I was skeptical about the pumpkin, but really liked the flavor combination in the end. We served it as a main dish was side salads.