Sweet Zucchini Relish
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling Process: 15 min.
- 10 cups shredded zucchini (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup canning salt
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large container, combine the zucchini, onions, peppers and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain; rinse and drain again.
- In a stockpot, combine the sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add zucchini mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Refrigerate remaining relish for up to 1 week.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. For altitudes up to 3,000 feet, add 5 minutes; 6,000 feet, add 10 minutes; 8,000 feet, add 15 minutes; 10,000 feet, add 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 67 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 12, 2017
Delicious relish!! Easy to make. I make it to give as gifts, it is that good!!
Aug 31, 2012
Wonderful recipe. Blue Ribbon winner at local county fair. Even those who do not care for relish like it!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.