Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain; remove zucchini mixture with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine cream cheese and cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Return zucchini mixture to the pan. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and Swiss cheese.
Sep 30, 2013
A different kind of way to use up zucchini! The cream cheese makes a nice creamy sauce.We used Asiago cheese instead of Parmesan for a slightly different flavor.
Jul 30, 2013
Very easy to make and tasted wonderful!
Jun 23, 2013
Delicious and came together really easily.
Apr 8, 2013
I loved this side dish and followed the recipe exactly. I served it with the Meat Lover's Pizza Bake in the same issue. Great weeknight meal!
Aug 11, 2012
I didn't make as much as the receipe called for, used on large zucchini and kind of winged it with the cream cheese, parm cheese and cut the half-and-half to 1/2 cup. Didn't use nutmeg or salt. Used about 3 slices of swiss cheese. We loved it. I will be making this again.
Jan 31, 2011
made this recipe, but cut the cream cheese by 2/3 rest of ingredients by 1/2 to serve 3 of us. We all agreed it was WAY too heavy! while I love garlic with cream cheese, tthis was not good. Everyone voted to thorw the recipe away, and look for anohter way to dress up our zucchini
Jul 20, 2010
Very good and well received at the pot luck I took it to. I made a little lighter versions by substituting: for the 1 c.half & half, "thick" milk made with 1 c. nonfat dry milk and enough water to make 1 c.; and for the cream cheese, neufchatel. Also added more pepper.
May 1, 2010
Oh my gosh.... this is sooooo good. Made it for the first time this evening. It was like eating a luscious fettucnine alfredo without the fettucine. I cut the recipe in half and had no swiss cheese to grate, but had some soft swiss on hand and just creamed it in with the creme cheese. A little garlic bread and salad and you have one scruptious meal and I bet the kids won't even realize they are eating a dreaded squash.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.