Creamy Zucchini Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the milk, water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add zucchini. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Stir in cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 295 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 29, 2017
Very good taste. Instead of water though I used chicken broth. The amount it makes is just right for 1 or 2 people with just a little left over.
Jul 21, 2014
I thought this was bland the first time. The second time I added thyme and we liked it better. Good soup though.
Jan 31, 2010
If you're a fan of cheddar broccoli soup, you'll like this one!