Beef Zucchini Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, celery, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, water, Italian seasoning, salt if desired, bouillon, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 106 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat.
May 30, 2018
I gave the recipe one star because my husband and I found it very plain and lacking much flavor. I did add a can of beans and a lot more spices but even that didn't help.
Aug 14, 2017
Just made this again tonight because zucchini is plentiful right now - as always it was very tasty. Love that it incorporates so many vegetables in such a low-calorie soup. I always double the recipe and freeze some for later.
Mar 5, 2012
This turned out great! I doubled the recipe and put half in the freezer. Next time I will probably cut back on the tomatoes, it was just alittle too much for me.
Aug 5, 2010
My family loves this recipe...I also put 1/2 lb of ground sausage, and put it over egg noodles. It is very good!!!! We make this when zucchini is plentiful
Jul 20, 2009
loved this! I added a can of tomato sauce, can of beef broth,and a tiny pinch of red pepper.
Dec 17, 2008
Didn't make my favorite list.sc
Jul 6, 2008
MY HUSBAND LOVES THIS SOUP,WHEN ZUCCHINI IS PLENTIFUL IN THE SUMMER. I PUT IT OVER NOODLES, AND I DOUBLE THE RECIPE. IT IS HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS!! KJH67
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.