Greek Country Salad
“This salad is a summer favorite with everyone and virtually a meal in itself!” —Christine Chinchilla, Hinckley, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced French bread
- In a large salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and seasoning. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 194 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Greek Country Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.