Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (16 ounces, 14x9-inch sheet size) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Transfer to a small bowl; add oil and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Add spinach; saute until wilted. Add the lemon juice, basil and oregano; set aside.
- Brush a 13x9-in. baking dish with reserved butter mixture. Place one sheet of phyllo dough in baking dish; brush lightly with butter mixture. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Repeat layers with remaining phyllo, brushing each layer.
- Top with the spinach mixture; sprinkle with cheeses. Coat both sides of tomato slices with bread crumbs; arrange over top. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 198 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 17, 2012
I put this topping on a very thin crispy-crust skillet pizza I make, and it was awesome. Will make it again.
Dec 31, 2011
Made it for family Greek Christmas Dinner. It was a big hit. I will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.