Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (16 ounces, 14x9-inch sheet size) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Transfer to a small bowl; add oil and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Add spinach; saute until wilted. Add the lemon juice, basil and oregano; set aside.
- Brush a 13x9-in. baking dish with reserved butter mixture. Place one sheet of phyllo dough in baking dish; brush lightly with butter mixture. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Repeat layers with remaining phyllo, brushing each layer.
- Top with the spinach mixture; sprinkle with cheeses. Coat both sides of tomato slices with bread crumbs; arrange over top. Bake at 375° until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 198 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 17, 2012
I put this topping on a very thin crispy-crust skillet pizza I make, and it was awesome. Will make it again.
Dec 31, 2011
Made it for family Greek Christmas Dinner. It was a big hit. I will make again.