Tandoori Spiced Chicken Pita Pizza with Greek Yogurt and Cilantro
My family and I are big picnickers, and I'm always looking for new dishes to try in the great outdoors. The amazing flavors at our favorite Indian restaurant inspired these mini pizzas. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- For sauce, mix 1/2 cup yogurt and cilantro. In a large bowl, mix spices and remaining yogurt; stir in chicken to coat.
- Place chicken on an oiled grill rack over medium heat; grill, covered, until no longer pink, 2-3 minutes per side. Grill pita breads until warmed, about 1 minute per side.
- Spread pitas with sauce. Top with chicken, cheese, tomato and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 380 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Tandoori Spiced Chicken Pita Pizza with Greek Yogurt and Cilantro in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.