- 1 pound smoked bluefish fillets or flaked smoked trout
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Assorted crackers, fresh vegetables and lemon wedges
- Scrape fish from skin if needed. Place fish in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Combine cream cheese, red onion, dill, lemon juice, sour cream, capers, horseradish and zest; gently stir in fish. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Serve with crackers, vegetables and lemon wedges. If desired, top with additional red onion and dill.
<BR><B>Test Kitchen tips</B>
<LI>If you can't find smoked bluefish, this dip is also delicious with smoked mackerel, smoked salmon or smoked tuna. </LI>
<LI> This dip is also delicious on a bagel for breakfast! </LI>
2 tablespoons: 64 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.