Salmon Sliders with Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
My husband isn't a fan of salmon burgers, but he devoured these! The combination of feta, dill and fresh salmon on the toasted pretzel bun, topped with sun-dried tomato mayonnaise, changed his mind. The pickle adds tartness and crunch to balance the flavors and textures perfectly. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 jar (7 ounces) julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 mini pretzel buns, toasted
- 16 hamburger dill pickle slices
- Place tomatoes and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Cool completely. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in mayonnaise. Refrigerate until serving.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the feta, saltines, egg, red onion and dill. Place salmon in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped and add to feta mixture. Mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1-in.-thick patties.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties in batches; cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with mayonnaise mixture and pickles.