Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Guacamole or salsa
- In a skillet, saute garlic in oil until fragrant. Stir in the salmon, basil and pepper; heat through.
- Meanwhile, spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas on a griddle, buttered side down. Sprinkle one half of each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese and a fourth of the salmon; top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold other half over filling.
- Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each into wedges; serve with guacamole or salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 664 calories, 39g fat (19g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 1264mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 48g protein.
Feb 19, 2017
I've been making these since I first saw the recipe. I like to serve a platter ,with Potato Veggie soup and a green salad.....a nice change from grilled cheese sandwiches.
Feb 16, 2016
Yum! This recipe was very good. I'm not a huge fan of canned salmon, so I took a few minutes to saute up some fresh salmon fillets and then flaked them with a fork. My whole family (including kids) LOVED it! Also quick and easy.
Dec 27, 2013
I was a bit skeptical, but I decided to give this a shot. My husband and I LOVED IT, quick, tasty, and satisfying.
Nov 28, 2012
the best quesadilla recipe I have ever eatin! I have been making these for years from a magazine of yours. love these sooooo much.
Aug 21, 2012
came out great!
May 9, 2011
Really yummy!!! I have used both the canned salmon & leftover smoked salmon. It's great either way! I also used whole wheat tortillas.
Apr 2, 2011
Delicious way to use canned salmon!
Mar 9, 2011
I was excited about this recipe until I saw the nutritional information. It's too high in calories and sodium. On the plus side, it is also high in protein.
Dec 18, 2010
My whole family love this! It is so simple, and very tasty. I have even served it to company.
Feb 23, 2009
I have been making these routinely since I first saw them in Taste of Home years ago. We love them!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.