Banana Butter Pecan Kabobs
Desserts with bananas remind me of Grandma. She and my mom taught me to cook. I rarely measure. For this dish, I set out pecans and butterscotch with kabobs so everyone can customize. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups butter pecan ice cream
- 1/2 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread cake and bananas. In a small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; brush over kabobs.
- Place kabobs on greased grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Serve with ice cream; drizzle with butterscotch topping. Sprinkle with pecans.
Originally published as Banana Butter Pecan Kebabs in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.