Baked Pineapple-Pork Kabobs
These tasty kabobs are baked instead of grilled, so you can enjoy them even when the weather doesn't cooperate.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cubed
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 18 medium fresh mushrooms
- 18 fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 18 pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Hot cooked rice
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, cherries and pineapple. Place in prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, brown sugar, butter, pineapple juice and cloves. Spoon half of the sauce over kabobs.
- Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender, turning halfway. Baste occasionally with remaining sauce during the last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving; serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 417 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Glazed Pork Kabobs in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.