Fruit ‘n’ Cheese Kabobs
The home economist in our test kitchen came up with this colorful combination. It's a simple, nutritious snack that's a snap to put together, much to the delight of busy holiday cooks! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 block (1 pound) Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 block (1 pound) cheddar cheese
- 1 block (1 pound) baby Swiss cheese
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 to 2 pounds seedless green or red grapes
- 3 pints strawberries
- Cut cheese into chunks or slices. If desired, cut into shapes with small cutters. Alternately thread cheese and fruit onto wooden skewers. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 170 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Cheese Kabobs in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001