Grilled Fruit Kabobs
Instead of making a traditional fruit salad, why not try these quick and easy kabobs.—Mrs. Travis Baker, Litchfield, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium nectarines, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium pears, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium peaches, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 to 4 medium plums, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 10 apricots, halved
- 3 tablespoons honey or light corn syrup, warmed
- Thread fruit alternately onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat until fruit is heated through, about 6 minutes, turning often. Brush with honey or corn syrup during the last minute of grilling time.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 196 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 7g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Fruit Kabobs in Country Woman July/August 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.