Fruit ‘n’ Cake Kabobs
A neighbor served these kabobs at a family picnic and brought some over for us to sample. I was pleasantly surprised at the tasty toasted cake and juicy grilled fruit. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 medium nectarines, quartered
- 3 medium peaches, quartered
- 3 medium plums, quartered
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine first five ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Remove from heat.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread fruit and pound cake. Place on a greased rack over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, until lightly browned and fruit is tender, brushing occasionally with apricot mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 259 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Plum Delicious Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.