Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the baking mix, pecans and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in milk, then coat generously with pecan mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear, about 1 hour.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked chicken: 530 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2019
Very good....especially with a maple cream sauce!
Feb 28, 2019
Made this for dinner last night. Followed recipe exactly, except used thin sliced chicken breast. It was so good! It was tender and juicy, with a crisper coating. Delicious!
Apr 11, 2018
Easy and flavorable! Used gluten free flour. Loved the flavor and nutty texture.
May 7, 2017
Very moist and crunchy. I omit the sage and it's still great!
Apr 8, 2017
Very good most chicken. Loved the taste.
Aug 6, 2013
Excellent! I mixed equal parts of powdered milk and water instead of evaporated milk and it turned out well. Love this recipe.
Nov 3, 2012
really good and easy to make but it is time consuming. Best made on a sunday afternoon. but i loved the flavors here
Sep 30, 2012
Nice and easy to make.
Sep 29, 2012
Very tender and moist inside, but I expected it to be crunchy outside and it was not. Taste was pretty good.
May 25, 2012
Have made this once and will make again. Excellent!