Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the baking mix, pecans and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in milk, then coat generously with pecan mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear.
Apr 11, 2018
Easy and flavorable! Used gluten free flour. Loved the flavor and nutty texture.
May 7, 2017
Very moist and crunchy. I omit the sage and it's still great!
Apr 8, 2017
Very good most chicken. Loved the taste.
Aug 6, 2013
Excellent! I mixed equal parts of powdered milk and water instead of evaporated milk and it turned out well. Love this recipe.
Nov 3, 2012
really good and easy to make but it is time consuming. Best made on a sunday afternoon. but i loved the flavors here
Sep 30, 2012
Nice and easy to make.
Sep 29, 2012
Very tender and moist inside, but I expected it to be crunchy outside and it was not. Taste was pretty good.
May 25, 2012
Have made this once and will make again. Excellent!
Jan 10, 2012
I have made this more than any other recipe for gatherings since it was in Taste Of Home in 1993 and everyone loves it.
Jun 23, 2011
This recipe is amazing, not sure why it did not get better ratings. The chicken comes out extremely moist & tender. I use boneless breasts and pound them to about 3/4" thickness--seems like you get more coating that way and they cook quicker too (usually around 25-30 min). I have subbed regular milk for the evaporated with no noticeable difference. I have made up the coating mix ahead of time and stored in the fridge just so I have this on hand for a quick dinner--it's that good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.