Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for frying
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-in. strips; In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat.; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder; add chicken. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 363 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2018
You can also Add 1 Tsp. paprika
Jun 3, 2018
Great! Add 1 tsp paprika & 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper to the flour mix to fit our taste.
Jan 15, 2015
These were good. Made as written Would do again without any adjustments. Made them as part of appetizer night and their were no leftovers.
Jul 29, 2014
just finished making them. not good at all. very bland breading was falling off. i gave it 1 star cause i was required to do it!
May 11, 2014
Our whole family raved over this recipe. I will make it again!
Jan 23, 2014
Excellent! My family enjoys this recipe. Sometimes, in place of the bread crumbs I will use crushed saltines, or I'll use regular bread crumbs but add 1tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. Basil, one half teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Anyway you make it, it's fantastic.
Jan 17, 2013
This was great! I made it with gluten-free bread crumbs and gluten-free flour. My family loved it, and my daughter who has issues with gluten was thrilled!
Jul 10, 2012
Feb 18, 2012
one of my favorites :o)
Feb 12, 2012
These chicken fingers have been a favorite of our family for years. I was a lunchroom director and increased this reciepe to make enough for 200 so we could serve them at school. We baked them for effeciency sake and they were great. No preservatives and really good.