These classic Christmas cookie has stood the test of time. The recipe makes a nice-sized batch, which gets you in and out of the kitchen. —Elsie Hendrickson, Hays, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 187 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Nutty Fingers in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005