Homemade Fish Fingers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound cod fillet
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cut fillets into 3/4-in. strips; set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, lemon peel, paprika, thyme and garlic salt. Place buttermilk and flour in separate shallow bowls. Coat fish strips with flour; dip into buttermilk, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing from baking sheets.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 217 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Jan 25, 2013
Feb 18, 2012
This was a bit of a mess to prepare, but the result was so juicy and delicious, it's definitely worth it! I've made it several times and will make it many more!
Apr 10, 2010
It was okay. The coating didn't stick as good as it should. The flavor was okay, but I probably won't make this again.