Fish Stick Supper
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen breaded fish sticks (about 18)
- Break apart hash browns with a fork; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add minced onion, dill, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in hash browns and cheese. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; arrange fish sticks over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and fish flakes with a fork. Let casserole stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 351 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 7, 2018
I decided to try this because of the 4 plus star rating. After reading the posters comments about how much her kids loved it, I could see why. Not a lot of seasoning, so probably on the bland side. I used 3 TBS of dried minced onion and 3 tsp. of dried dill. The salt I left the same and increased the pepper a bit. Glad I did. The end result was quite tasty, though it had a lot of liquid on the bottom even after sitting before cutting. Rather mushy, though left overs improved. Next time. I reduced the milk to 1 1/2 cups and that did the trick. Do increase the onion and dill and reduce the milk. Tridents Ultimate Fish Sticks from Costco are a must!
Sep 12, 2017
I love this recipe, the trick is to use nice big thick fish sticks. I use the Trident Ultimate fish sticks
Mar 19, 2016
This recipe wasn't HORRIBLE, but it was just ok. We thought it lacked something. Maybe it was the fish sticks we used. I doubt we'll try this again.
Mar 7, 2014
I've made this for many years and my kids to this day still love it. They are now 39 and 18 and the oldest now makes it for her children. Its best with solid meat fish sticks and not the minced type. We aways double the recipe and use the value box of 40 fish sticks.
Jan 21, 2011
We've also made it leaving out the dill and adding brown and serve sausages to make it a breakfast dish. Add sausages during the last 20 minutes of baking to avoid over cooking.
Jul 6, 2010
My family and I love this recipe! I have made it several times. I first tried it when I needed a new meatless meal for Lent. I now make it year round!
Oct 21, 2009
I tried this recipe many years ago when it first appeared in quick cooking. My family LOVES this dish and is often requested by my husband!! It is the perfect comfort food for fall and winter suppers. Recipe is very easy to prepare and the flavors blend quite nicely!
Aug 8, 2009
I am really sorry... but I followed this recipe to the letter... and this is remembered as one of the "worst" recipes that I ever tried with my family.