- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 slices day-old white or whole wheat bread
- Optional: Halved strawberries and confectioners' sugar
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and salt. Spread preserves on 4 slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Trim crusts; cut each sandwich into 3 strips.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Dip both sides of strips in egg mixture; place on griddle. Cook bread strips until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. If desired, cut into squares and alternately thread onto skewers with halved strawberries. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.
1 sandwich: 298 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.