Peanut Butter Fingers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over bars.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Carefully spread over warm bars; sprinkle with peanuts. Cool before cutting into bars.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 136 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 16, 2016
Just made recipe for 4-H banquet. It was first pan gone from dozens of other desserts. One thing I changed was to use 6 TBLSP. of water instead of the milk in the glaze so it didn't have to be refrigerated & my son is severely allergic to milk ...worked fine. I also piped on the glaze with scribbles and then put more on top of the salted cocktail peanuts, but only used about half of the glaze. I also used a 12 ounce bag of Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips. My kids said it was very peanut buttery and like it very much. I would definitely make it again. Thank you for the recipe!
Feb 26, 2016
I saw this recipe on Facebook. Since it is my favorite combo of peanut butter and chocolate I had to try it. It is so delicious I made it two weeks in a row. Both times I left off the peanuts on top. The first time I used M&Ms in place of the chocolate chips on top. After I took it out of the oven I sprinkled the M&Ms on top and gently pushed them in. The second time I did use the chocolate chips on the top but I left off the peanut butter glaze. Yummy both ways
Jan 31, 2016
This was a first for me! Chocolate under a peanut butter glaze, yummy! A delicious combination of flavors, followed directions exactly. It is important to let bars cool completely before cutting. As a Volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I enjoy using recipes that I easily have ingredients on-hand!
Feb 27, 2015
Good peanut butter flavor and the bar held together quite nicely. Like the others, I think more chocolate is what this recipe needs.
Jun 29, 2012
Great recipe!! Two people including my own daughter who don't like peanut butter asked for more of these. The only thing I changed was adding a little bit more of the chocolate chips since I had just a handful left in the bag. Next time I'll add an extra 1 cup when I make this for my hubby when he gets back from deployment. Thanks for the recipe!!
Sep 17, 2010
Theses are so delicious! The recipe as written is great but for my daughters baby shower I wanted to jazz it up. I used a full 12 oz bag of milk chocolate chips instead of the 1 c. of semi sweet, and instead of spreading the glaze, I used a piping bag to criss cross zig zags over the chocolate. For the final touch I sprinkled mini m&m's on top instead of peanuts. They not only looked incredible, they flew off the tray!! Thanks for a great recipe!
Apr 16, 2010
When I saw this recipe I couldnt wait to make it. Today was the day, I split the recipe in half and cut the bars to ship to my out of town hubby for a care package. I am trying to lose a few pounds so I didnt even try them but they smell delicious and look even better. I know he will be pleasantly surprised when these arrive.
Apr 14, 2010
This is a soft bar cookie, and very delicious!!I used Nestle's Milk Chocolate chips scattered on the very top, because I didn't have any peanuts. That turned out very well! Good for a large group of people!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.